Up to 40 preprofessional dancers ages 17-24 from around the world will be carefully selected as Zeitgeist Dance Theatre Trainees. To be considered for the ZDT Company Experience, all required audition items, along with the non-refundable $45 audition processing fee, must be completed and received no later than Monday, February 19.
Acceptance decisions will be made no later than March 21.
All selected students will be required to make a non-refundable tuition commitment deposit by April 1 to secure their admission. The balance of tuition will be due by June 15. Wait-listed students will be invited after May 1 as space allows.
Please note that it is in your best interest to begin the audition process early since we cannot guarantee that we can respond in a timely manner should you need assistance at the last minute in completing and submitting your audition materials by the deadline.
A recent professional headshot in color
It must be at least 300 dpi and less than 1MB.
A one-page personal statement
It must be in PDF format and less than one page.
It must address:
- Your career interests and goals.
- How the ZDT Company Experience will contribute to helping you get there.
- What you will uniquely contribute to this year’s ZDT Trainee community.
A video submission
It must be a single video that is edited to include all of the three sections described below, uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo.
VIDEO SECTION #1 is no longer than 30 seconds.
- A brief close-up shot of your face, from the shoulders up.
- Clearly state your full name; preferred pronouns; current city; state, region, province; country of residence; your age and level in HS or College, and your home studio/school/conservatory/college or university that provides your current primary training and education.
VIDEO SECTION #2 is an improvisation no longer than 90 seconds in length.
- The improv should clearly demonstrate clarity of your unique artistic voice.
VIDEO SECTION #3 is a demonstration of classical technique no more than 60 seconds in length.
- Trainees with Zeitgeist Dance Theatre are expected to have an understanding of classical concert dance forms.
- This includes, but is not limited to classical ballet and modern techniques.
- The video should demonstrate a center tendu exercise, an adagio, and a petite allegro or small jump combination.
Please remember to save your progress as you complete the various stages of your submission. Nothing is submitted until payment is completed, at which point nothing within the submitted materials can be changed.
Thank you for your interest. Please submit your audition information and materials below.
If you have any questions, please email us and we will respond as quickly as we can.
2024 ZDT Audition Submission Form
In order to start or continue a submission that is already in progress, you must be logged in. If you haven't already created an account, please visit the user registration page and complete your registration. If you've already completed your registration, and activated your account via email, then make sure that you are logged in so that you may proceed.