Up to 40 preprofessional dancers ages 17-22 from around the world will be carefully selected as Zeitgeist Dance Theatre Trainees. To be considered for the ZDT Company Experience, all required audition items, along with the non-refundable $45 audition processing fee, must be completed and received no later than February 24.
Acceptance decisions will be made no later than April 1.
All selected students will be required to make a non-refundable tuition commitment deposit by April 15th to secure their admission. The balance of tuition will be due by June 30. Wait-listed students will be invited after May 1st as space allows.
Please note that it is in your best interest to begin the audition process early since we cannot guarantee that we can respond in a timely manner should you need assistance at the last minute in completing and submitting your audition materials by the deadline.
A recent professional headshot in color
It must be at least 300 dpi and less than 1MB.
A one-page personal statement
It must be in PDF format and less than one page.
It must address:
- Your career interests and goals.
- How the ZDT Company Experience will contribute to helping you get there.
- What you will uniquely contribute to this year’s Trainee community.
A video submission
It must be a single video that is edited to include all of the three sections described below, uploaded to either YouTube or Vimeo.
VIDEO SECTION #1 is no longer than 30 seconds.
- A brief close-up shot of your face, from the shoulders up.
- Clearly state your full name, current city; state, region, province; country of residence; and your home studio/school/college that provides your primary training and education.
VIDEO SECTION #2 is an improvisation no longer than 2 minutes in length.
- The improv should clearly demonstrate clarity of your unique artistic voice.
VIDEO SECTION #3 is a solo approximately 90 seconds to 2 minutes maximum in length.
- A prepared solo, either ballet, modern, or contemporary, to musical. accompaniment.
- The solo needs to be recent, performed in the last 6 months.
- State the title of the solo, the choreographer, and the composer of the music before performing.
- The solo may be original choreography or from a standard repertory.
- The solo should demonstrate your artistic qualities and flow of movement.
Please remember to save your progress as you complete the various stages of your submission. Nothing is submitted until payment is completed, at which point nothing within the submitted materials can be changed.
Thank you for your interest. Please submit your audition information and materials below.
If you have any questions, please email us and we will respond as quickly as we can.
2023 ZDT Audition Submission Form
The 2023 ZDT Trainee Auditions are now closed. 2024 Auditions will open by December 1.